Depending on which forecast you go with, Auburn is expecting anywhere from 2 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. But today students are dealing with at least 20 feet of mystery—specifically, a giant, blow up baby tethered to green space between the AU Student Center and Jordan-Hare Stadium.
Just a prank? Preparations for a pro-life rally? “We haven’t heard anything about it,” sayeth the Foy Information Desk. But inquiring minds want to know.
Back in the 80s it was a blow up doll.
UPDATE: It has a Twitter account.
UPDATE II: According to Michael Hood with Auburn Facilities Management, the baby, which he says was erected at some point during the night, does have permission to be there. Wood says the baby is part of the promotion for the AU Dance Marathon, which starts Feb. 1.
Top photo: @PrincessPlains; middle photo: Sonja Humphries; bottom photos: Timmy Ward and Clint Richardson.
Related: Krispy Kreme responds to Twitter hoax about Krispy Kreme coming to Auburn by sending donut bus to AU campus.
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply