Auburn has made a football fan of Barbara Walters.
What is the deal with that weird hesitation inflection thing in the yankee pronunciation of “Auburn” — oh whatever, national media, pronounce it anyway you want, just keep the “greatest football game ever” stuff coming. Air fives all around.
You can watch the full episode of The View here.
Video: Jeff Poor
Related: TODAY Show’s Hoda Kotb tells Kathie Lee Gifford the final play of the Iron Bowl made her brother, friend cry.
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
I’ve always wondered why it’s so hard for most people to pronounce Auburn, too! They always say it like “Awe-BURN”, instead of just Auburn, like the color. Would they say someone has “Awe-BURN” hair?
BUZZ HUDSON THE RIVER PIRATE says
FROM NY TO ALABAMA TO LA !!!!!!! THE GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME OF “ALL TIME” !!!!!!! WAR EAGLE !!!!
AUBURN 2010 & 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!
RAMMER JAMMER GO TO HELL ALABAMMER !!!!!!
STEVIE B THE PIRATE OF THE KEYS says
SOMEBODY GO GET JAMES D AND RICKEY C SOME MORE BOOZE !!!!! IT’S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER HEY !!!!!! HEY BAMMERS !!!!! ROUND THE BOWL AND DOWN THE HOLE !!!!
Penny Cox says
Who cares what a bunch of old ladies think?? It takes a game like Auburn winning to get them to watch??? So sad. I watch my Tide win week after week and I have been a fan for 50 years..OH well welcome to the club ladies but you are in the wrong club. Roll Tide!!!