Quarterback Tucker Tuberville, Riverboat Gambler Junior, is returning to the town he played Pokemon in to join the team his dad used to coach.
“When his father left for Cincinnati after three seasons as head coach at Texas Tech, Tucker decided to walk on at Auburn, in the city where he grew up and played quarterback at Lee-Scott Academy,” writes Phillip Marshall.
After the family headed west, Tuberville became a stud QB at Frenship (correctly spelled incorrectly) High School just west of Lubbock, leading the Tigers to a 10-1 season his senior year.
Here’s video of him throwing passes to Auburn receivers… in 2007. Here he is getting fun-choked by his dad 10 or so years ago:
Top photo: RedRaiders.com; Bottom photo: Inside The Auburn Tigers.
Related: Tommy Tuberville gets caught reading / sleeping.
* Coke was first sold in Auburn!
* Don Knotts, Auburn student
* Former AU homecoming queen starring in HBO’s ‘The Newsroom’
* Bama fan legislator introduced bill to abolish Auburn University in 1973
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
nancy conner says
It will be good to have Tucker back home.