Reason.com reporter Tracy Oppenheimer has been spending a lot of time in Auburn lately. There was the thing on the Auburn professor who used Game Of Thrones to illustrate economic policy. There was the interview with AU prof and Mises Fellow Mark Thornton using, if memory serves, Jordan-Hare’s liquor ban as an example of how prohibition backfires.
But we’re told her main reason for coming Plainsward was this, an exposé on what some see as the Auburn Police Department’s aggressive ticket and arrest quota system. Oppenheimer interviewed Auburn native and former APD officer Justin Hanners, who says he was fired from the force for speaking out against a policy that allegedly incentivises ticketing with steaks.
* Coke was first sold in Auburn!
* Don Knotts, Auburn student
* Former AU homecoming queen starring in HBO’s ‘The Newsroom’
* Bama fan legislator introduced bill to abolish Auburn University in 1973
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn