Lemonade? Please. Looking at this menu (found recently on eBay) we can’t help but think that, if you ordered just a plain ol’ lemonade in Auburn 110 years ago, the dandies behind the counter at Lazarus & Toomer’s would probably call you a rube behind your back.
The Pan-American Ade and Huckleberry Dew connoisseurs would probably say it to your face.
I mean, if you’re going to order a lemonade, at least make it an Apollanaris or a Vichy. Sheesh.
Related: Momma Goldberg’s menu, 1979 #tongue
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Playboy photographer loved first visit to Auburn
* Pat Dye on Faulker, Bo Jackson’s sex life, David and Goliath and other topics
* Auburn’s Heisman-posing gymnast says getting Bama fans to boo was the whole idea
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl