If you’re wondering what the Toomer’s Triangle is going to look like rolled, wonder no more. Or maybe just wonder less.
Folks with Auburn’s City Manager’s office actually had a test rolling of various types of wires being considered to connect the temporary rolling structure’s three concrete poles before the poles were installed at the corner on Wednesday. They sent us some photos.
There will actually be two wires strung between each pole several inches apart to maximize drape, as TWER first reported in March, and much like the utility lines of yore.
Related: Photos of Toomer’s Corner being rolled in the early 70s.
More on Toomer’s Corner: Dozens of Toomer’s Oaks shoots sprouting in planter closest to Magnolia Ave. / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
My God. This must be some kind of sad joke. Step back for a second and think about just how pathetic this is.