The eagles won’t have to watch the Toomer’s Oaks be cut down.
Boxes or crates or something were placed around the recently renovated statues atop those immovable 1917 gates Monday afternoon to protect them from falling branches.
Related: Toomer’s Oaks’ trunks picked clean by souvenir seekers, security guard will be posted for final night to prevent more rolling.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks / Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply