Alabama Shakes‘ Brittany Howard—that’s how the rumor got started—was in Waverly Saturday night, joining Charles Bradley on stage in the final performance at the annual 280 Boogie. But her mind may have been elsewhere, a little ways down the road.
Howard’s latest Facebook status update? “Can anybody get me a piece of toomers tree????”
We knew she was an Auburn fan, we just didn’t know how big of an Auburn fan she was. Four question marks? That’s urgency. Girl wants a piece of the oaks. (She’ll be able to get one soon enough.)
h/t Daniel Whitten.
Related: Meeting the 100-year-old Auburn fan who got to Toomer’s Corner before sunrise to say goodbye to the Toomer’s Oaks.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks:
* That tree in the old picture of Toomer’s Corner is not one of the Toomer’s Oaks
* Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History
* Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
* Auburn unveils new plans for Toomer’s Corner
* Incredible video of the final rolling of the Toomer’s Oaks shot from a drone
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Auburn Creed written on toilet paper hanging from Toomer’s Oaks after final rolling
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply