Auburn University’s slice of Toomer’s Corner isn’t the only that will receive a makeover in the near future.
The City of Auburn is developing its own master plan for the remainder of the heart of downtown, and while the new look for the corner marking the entrance to Auburn’s campus to be unveiled April 20 will likely inform the designs, the “sidewalk to sidewalk” arches initially suggested (and ultimately rejected) as possible elements for the campus corner remain a part of the city’s discussion according to members of the city’s planning department.
The city will hire its own landscape architects to develop plans to revamp the remaining three corners at the intersection of College Street and Magnolia Avenue, but will still consult with the team contracted by Auburn University, which yesterday unveiled the final two design concepts for the campus side of Toomer’s Corner 2.0.
Planning is tentatively scheduled to start in late spring and will likely be a 12 month process. Like AU has, the city will seek input from Auburn residents on possible designs via online surveys and public meetings.
Related: Toomer’s Oaks removal will take days; wood to be turned into souvenirs.
More on the the Toomer’s Oaks: Toomer’s Corner rollings didn’t start with Punt, Bama, Punt, says History / Did Auburn students celebrate Bear Bryant’s death by rolling Toomer’s Corner?
THE WAR EAGLE READER NEEDS YOUR HELP.
* Alabama Shakes Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan.’
* Katherine Webb does the Harlem Shake
* Airman proposes, girlfriend can’t believe Cam Newton is on the phone
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Katherine Webb in an Auburn bikini?
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Purdue’s arches will look soooo nice behind Auburn street lights.
Regardless of how they look, one arch needs to be 28 feet high, and the other 27 feet.
This comment system needs a like button so I can endorse things AuburnElvis says.