York was an associate professor at the University of Colorado and a member of the Rocky Mountain Auburn Club. His collection “A Murmuration of Starlings” was the winner of the 2008 Colorado Book Award in Poetry, and he had recently received a National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing Fellowship in poetry for 2013.
“We mourn the loss of Jake Adam York, who died suddenly today,” Best American Poetry managing editor Stacy Harwood wrote Sunday. “Jake was 40. Too too young. He was a kind generous talented poet and a good man.”
A video of York giving his advice to writers during a visit to Southern Illinois University, which published “A Murmuration of Starlings,” was posted today on YouTube.
h/t: Steve Jones, L.A. Times.
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Aubie throws a grenade
* There was a camel at Toomer’s Corner
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey