I think they were produced and sold before the season—because wouldn’t Newton and Langner have been no brainers for aces, aces up the sleeves or something, afterward?–but regardless, if ever there was an Auburn team to deserve its own deck of cards, it’s the Amazins. I mean, just cause. I mean, I don’t know a lot of gambling terms or metaphors or analogies or whatever, but it just seems right. Of course you could say that about anything—Amazin Beer, Amazin Condoms, the Amazin Bible, Amazin Vitamins, Amazin Cologne (Miracle Musk), etc.
Here they all are, or at least 49 of them plus Shug, Cliff Hare Stadium, and, for some reason, Memorial Coliseum. Click to enlarge.
For more Amazin stuff, go here.
Related: Lee Corso’s 1972 letter to Shug; wanted Louisville to play the Amazins.
* Auburn hoodies featured prominently in Korean teen fashion line
* Cam Newton donates his hair to charity
* Krista Klumpp tells TWER experience as AU head cheerleader helped her survive ‘Survivor.’
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* The Auburn player who played for Bama… and Busey
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Jonathan Dismukes says
I recently came across an unopened pack of these cards — in orange instead of blue. If you have anyone looking for the deck, I’m willing to sell. Thanks!
What would you sell them for?