In 1972, Shug’s typewriter burned ribbon with “best wishes” and “deep appreciation” to Auburn fans for their “real nice” letters. Best wishes. Deep appreciation. Real nice letter. Best wishes. Deep appreciation. Real nice letter.
But you don’t send a form letter to a newborn named Tiger Feld, by God—you send him a scholarship AND your best wishes.
Wonder if Pat Dye followed Shug’s lead with the White sisters... they weren’t royalty or potential Auburn split ends like Prince William, but sisters named Tiger and WarEagle should get a free ride without condition.
Letters: AU Archives.
* Pat Dye builds a fence in Jordan-Hare, 1991
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
* Bo and Me
* The University of Alabama White Bears?
* De La Soul’s DJ Maseo says he’d lend talent to pregame if ‘conducive’
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* War Drobe Eagle: The Auburn shirt in Cannonball Run