It has to be the shoes. The shorts, the watch, the shirt, the shorts, the shorts — they’re doing everything the can do. But the swagger that put down roots in 1966 Auburn graduate Allan Owen’s on this pool perfect day in 1979 was most definitely seeded by those Auburn shoes.
Photo: Scott Owen, the son.
Related: P.W. Underwood’s Picture Day Pile On, 1977.
* Barfield’s Bar Tab
* Auburn’s banned 1979 student recruitment poster
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
BartC c/o 95 says
col tom says
wonder if he has many leatherbound books and if his apartment smells of rich mahogany?”
I had the shoes!!!
Oh nut huggers, how I miss thee!