There were plenty of Loveliests with fishing poles. But Anne Wilson, the subject of our second installment of The Loveliest of the Plains (Redux), is the only one who we know for sure was wearing underwear. Thanks for that, Barton Perry.
From the front page of the Jan. 23, 1952 Plainsman:
That’s what happens when you use cheesecake for bait, Anne.
Click here for our growing Loveliest of the Plains archives.
Related: The War Eagle Special.
* Auburn Brew Club wins bet, quaffs Oregon homebrew
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* Ronald Reagan was an Auburn fan