There was an explosion. Both legs were amputated. Several fingers were fractured. The Glencoe, Ala. native found himself whisked from Afghanistan to Germany to Maryland. That’s where Army SPC Josh Wetzel is in recovery today.
Josh’s is an amazing story of pain and anguish and family and cheerfulness. You’ll find more than a few pictures of Josh smiling in the hospital on his website and very popular Facebook page (11,000-plus likes and climbing). We encourage you to also check out this page where you can help his family deal with the mounting costs associated with his recovery.
He has a long road ahead, but he’s got family and friends and the Auburn Family.
You can write Josh at:
SPC Joshua Wetzel
8901 Wisconsin Avenue
Bldg 10, Room 442
Bethesda, MD 20889
Be sure to tell him War Eagle. Be sure to thank him for his service. Make sure he knows his next Toomer’s lemonade is on us.
h/t Victoria Cumbow
* Lee Ziemba’s new tattoo
* 1994 Playboy photo shoot in Jordan-Hare
* Natalie Rivera, star of Glee, wears Auburn shirt in Maxim photo spread
* The Iron Bowl according to Big Fish
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* Star of Best Worst Movie won’t let you piss on Cam Newton