Alex Schriver, a 2010 Auburn graduate, is being toasted across the conservative blogosphere today for an on-air touché vs. left-leaning TV pundit Touré, co-host of MSNBC’s new political roundtable show The Cycle. Schriver was a guest on Tuesday’s episode.
When asked to explain why, as a young voter, he isn’t a Democrat, the rising Republican star quickly countered Touré’s claims that college student and recent graduates automatically support liberal presidential candidates. It’s just the opposite, says Schriver—and he should know. The 23-year old is the National Chairman of the College Republican National Committee.
“This idea that when you’re young you’re supposed to be liberal and as you grow older you grow more conservative just isn’t the case,” Shriver said.
National Review Online called Schriver’s comeback “truly a classic of the smackdown genre.”
* Playboy in Jordan-Hare… 1994
* Gene Chizik in high school
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot