“Smokin’ in the Boys Room,” the 1973 ode to cheap, naughty thrills from one-hit wonders Brownsville Station, may not have done much for Auburn students, at least when it was released. Because if you were a student at Auburn in 1973 you could still smoke in the classroom—or at least get away with smoking in the classroom—and with a dog food bowl-sized ashtray on your tiny Haley Center desk.
Photo by Larry Parker.
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt