I mean, it had to exist. And because I knew it had to exist, and because I said I knew it had to exist for all the world to hear during last week’s episode of It’s Pronounced Jordan, now we know for sure. (Thanks, Jil Chastain—that’s TWO listeners!)
Like other business more recently given, this “Talons After Touchdown” actually resulted in a penalty, or at least the authors of The Football Hall of Shame 2 say it did… though after seeing the footage, I’m not sure how seriously we should take them—Chandler may have heard a “loud squawk” but it doesn’t look like the eagle got his beak close enough to actually bite him as he claimed.
But since the first two YouTube search results for “Auburn player” are videos titled “Police Dog bites Auburn player” and “UGA bites at Auburn player,” what’s important is that Tiger made an effort, that we were at least once on the giving end of a gridiron animal attack, even if it didn’t break the skin.
Read the full account here.
* Octavia Spencer drops “War Eagle” on Oscars red carpet
* Cam Newton faith heals Bama child while leading Auburn grade schoolers in “War Eagle”
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Cam Newton’s Night Out
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn T-shirt
* Glory, Glory: Alice Fraasa, the Snorg Tees Girl, is banner Auburn coed