Robert Leff signed a scholarship to play football for Auburn yesterday. Then he tried to eat a half-pound of fried crawfish tails, a half-pound of fried oysters, 16 fried shrimp, 8 conch fritters, 4 stuffed crabs, a cup of seafood gumbo and a serving of bread pudding, all within one hour. That’s 7½ pounds of weight-packing, Yoxall-pleasing seafood (Leff is only 6’7, 280).
The folks at the Compleat Angler in Daphne call it The Jubilee Challenge. Leff is the first person to ever attempt it. If you polish it off in the allotted time, it’s free. If you die, your family still owes them $99.
“At 50 minutes, I knew I wouldn’t be able to finish it,” Leff told the Mobile Press-Register.
Leff is a Toomer’s-rolling Auburn fan from way back and apparently a student of jujitsu (same thing if you ask me). He plans to start summer workouts at Auburn in May. Look out, Fishizzles Fish N Skrimps!
* Bama fan talks Auburn during sex on “Hart of Dixie”
* Human pyramid at Toomer’s Corner!
* War Eagle Moment at the SAG Awards
* Twisted Metal developer is an Auburn fan
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?