Get ready, Tuscaloosa—Bo is coming.
Just days after joining Twitter, Auburn legend Bo Jackson is gearing up to use the social media platform to spread the message about Bo Bikes Bama, a solo charity bike ride through the Alabama counties devastated by tornadoes last April.
Bo will start the ride in Henagar, Ala. on April 24 and finish in Tuscaloosa, at the University of Alabama, on April 28—three hundred miles and, hopefully, $1 million dollars later.
The bio on Jackson’s new Twitter feed reads: “The reason for this ride is for state unity and to pay homage to the great Alabamians who lost their lives on April 27th, 2011. I am my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper.”
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* Bo and Me
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?