Auburn laid a tiny claim to its first Golden Globe Sunday night.
Montgomery native and 1994 Auburn graduate Octavia Spencer won the Hollywood Foreign Press’ award for Outstanding Performance By A Female Actor In A Supporting Role for her critically acclaimed performance as a maid in Civil Rights-era Mississippi in the 2011 film “The Help.”
Fittingly, Spencer quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in her acceptance speech.
“The narrative (of “The Help”) itself is part of our fabric,” Spencer told CNN backstage “It’s important to keep the younger generation abreast of how far we’ve come, because this is really foreign to them.”
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Gene Chizik in high school
* Gene Chizik makes his own gigawatts