Sure, Cam Newton left his footprints all over Auburn (and every one of them should be cast in gold), but one of the greatest testaments to his impact on “Tiger Country” is that the “CAM” scrawled over the iconic “WAR EAGLE” on the holy wall near the entrance to J&M Bookstore at some point during the time when the Blessed Individual walked among us hasn’t been removed.
Trey Johnston, J&M’s tiger of a proprietor, who for years has been responsible for the wall’s decor, tells us the wall typically gets a new paint job every five years.
“We’re going to paint over it and freshen it up over summer.”
But does that spell the end for the glorifying graffiti?
“Well, (the graffiti) might be something we play with some,” Johnston says. “It might be something like that that we incorporate when it gets down to the end of it, I don’t know.”
* The Auburn helicopter in Afghanistan
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
* Playboy in Auburn, 1994