Gene Chizik was talking defensive schemes AND fashion schemes at today’s press conference introducing Brian VanGorder as Auburn’s new defensive coordinator.
On Monday, Chizik appeared on ESPN’s pre-game coverage of the BCS title game in what appeared to be a possibly purplish suit and a gold tie. Twitter interpreted the ensemble as a not so subtle “Geaux Tigers.”
When asked to comment on his choice of tie, Chizik simply replied that it went well with his suit.
Related: Gene Chizik at the 1982 Fall Woodser.
* Auburn University bellowed at WCW match
* Fear Cam Newton’s SuperCamming shirt
* “My wife was the Auburn Tiger.”
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam