Or at least that we found this weekend.
Apparently Coach was telling the truth when he wrote in his autobiography that he and Howard Schnellenberger were comfy enough with each other to carpool together during their days at Bama (they were across-the-street neighbors dontchaknow). Because they apparently were also comfy enough for Schnellenberger to pose with his pipe hand on Pat’s shoulder for the cover of the Sporting News’ 1989 College Yearbook—that’s a big deal.
Had we discovered this in time, it would have obviously topped every TWER story related to the Florida Atlantic game. But since we’re not sure if we even had a post related to the Florida Atlantic game, now is obviously as good a time as any to share it.
Related: Pat Dye buys sunglasses / Pat Dye builds a fence.
* John Heisman’s letter to Auburn students, 1899
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Auburn featured on Travel Channel’s “Tailgate Paradise”
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy, click here.
Leave a Reply