Somehow, only 1,500 students bought one of the 4,700 tickets put on sale for what turned out to be a non-stop two and a half hour Young Springsteen rockgasm—It’s My Life, Thunder Road, She’s the One—at Beard-Eaves Coliseum on May 11, 1976.
TWER reader JBoggs was one of them.
“Best show I ever saw at AU? Springsteen played all of Born to Run at the back 1/2 of the coliseum in 75 [it was ’76]. His management had sued him to keep BTR from being released and the band played about 10 dates up and down the east coast just to keep the payroll going. Un-believable show. They hung around AU for a couple of days and several of us played softball with them on the football field and helped them do laundry and stuff.”
Here’s the shot from the Glom, which says he played May 13, rather than the 11th.
* Auburn and Virginia have ‘colorful’ history
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Gene Chizik in high school
* Auburn’s Miss America needs you
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show