When you become the first active coach to have the stadium of the school whose team you’re coaching named after you, then you gotta look like the first active coach to have the stadium of the school whose team your coaching named after you.
At the photo shoot for the cover of the Jordan-Hare Stadium Dedication Day gameday program—October 6, 1973 vs. Ole Miss—James Ralph “Shug” Jordan nailed it like a Garnder Jett game-winner.
I personally would have styled him with one of those Andy Griffith tell-tale cigarettes you glimpse from time to time, but it doesn’t necessarily need it.
Coach Jordan’s wardrobe provided by Brooks Brothers, no doubt.
Related: Never-before-seen photos of Auburn hosting Ole Miss, 1973 (cheerleaders galore).
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s “Treme”
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby
bart c co95 says
One dollar……holy crap!!!