A year has passed since our unnamed and orphaned tiger was introduced to you, our much-beloved Readers.
And he’s still fighting mad at the sight of a corn dog unpummeled.
Especially a corn dog that thinks he’s No. 1.
He’s a deep-fried loser to you and me.
That corn dog thinks he’s worthy of Grey Poupon … but really he’s just covered in bulk yellow mustard from the county fair.
Much has changed since last year’s LSU contest … a 2010 national title for Our Auburn Tigers for one thing and a Heisman for the Blessed Individual.
The commissioned artist, Noah Van Sciver, has also taken the world by storm this past year, well, the comic book/graphic novel/funny pages world.
So, it was nice that The War Eagle Reader got to him first.
He’s drawn a young Abe Lincoln visiting a house of ill repute …
Got a book, “The Death Of Elijah Lovejoy,” published …
A comic strip published by MAD magazine …
A strip in the Fantagraphics Books anthology “Mome: Vol 22” (with his own book “The Hypo” also soon to be published by Fantagraphics) …
Contributed to the “Best American Comics 2011” anthology …
I’m sure it was all due to his brief brush with Auburn’s greatness and not his dogged, unrelenting production of drawings and letters.
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn cheerleader and “Survivor” contestant Krista Klumpp tells all
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.