Playboy apparently liked what they saw during their April stop in Auburn.
The magazine selected more girls from Auburn for its latest “Girls of the SEC” pictorial than from any other school. It’s just been that kind of year on the Plains. [UPDATE: And apparently Playboy’s Chief Revenue Officer is an Auburn grad—that might have something to do with it.]
An Auburn coed, “Haley Ann,”—read our interview with her here— even introduces the photo spread, spelling out “SEC” in sparklers. One Auburn group shot features two girls in torn Auburn T-shirts and a third, “Brandy Evans,” in an oddly ripped Cam Newton jersey.
Unlike the 1989 pictorial, this edition doesn’t include any Auburn football players.
Playboy first came to Auburn in 1981 for their inaugural “Girls of the SEC” edition. They returned in 1989, 1994, and in 2001.
They were last in Auburn in 2007 (or was it Waverly?)
UPDATE: Five Auburn coeds posing for Playboy in Jordan-Hare in 1994 (somehow escaped our attention).
Related: Auburn’s first nude model tells all.
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* Auburn badass John Rochelle
* Former Auburn football player kills elephant with just a bow and arrow
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
I thought they also visited in the mid-90s. 95 or 96?
Ah, you’re right–1994.
This post is useless without pics.