A bunch of Auburn fans (understandably) got their dander up this week upon news that Brooks Brothers’ recently released Auburn collection (seemingly) included a houndstooth Auburn tie.
Shug Jordan probably wouldn’t have had a problem with it.
From the 1971 Glomerata:
Now, like the Brooks Brothers tie, this might not be houndstooth. Who can say? No one seems to know what houndstooth actually looks like, not even Bear Bryant. Point is, Shug never gave evil exclusive rights on what the Lord intended for good. Or at least he didn’t in this case. And as someone with a daughter whose favorite color is (temporarily) red, I feel that.
Related: An Auburn Houndstooth Hat?
* Dr. Dre’s Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn men, says HBO’s Treme
* Auburn fan selling Toomer’s Corner toilet paper for Tuscaloosa relief
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Cam Newton’s portrait hanging in GQ lobby