Talk about a congressional oversight…
The plaque finally placed at the Toomer’s Oak sapling planted on the southeast lawn of the U.S. Capitol in May not only lacks a possessive apostrophe “s” (“Toomer Oak”), it wrongly reverses the noble name of our storied land-grant university from Auburn University to “the University of Auburn.”
God only knows how many trillions it will cost our grandchildren and China to replace.
Photo via @ccrainato. H/T @melaniejbrown and Kenny Smith.
Related: Capitol Hill Toomer’s sapling already rolled.
* Erotic Auburn Beer Stein
* British Bombshell sports Auburn shirt in Maxim
* Willie Nelson’s Auburn shirt
* Fireworks Fever at Jordan-Hare for 2011
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”
Talk about a national tragedy.
Isn’t DC too far north for this tree to survive?
damn red elephant club
No, weagle99… It survives 100 miles from the coast.
For crying out loud! Get Robert Gibbs on this ASAP!!!