The whole thing is actually pretty inspiring, but, yes, the highlights from new Apple CEO and 1982 Auburn graduate Tim Cook’s commencement speech last year include the lines:
“It’s a tremendous honor in and a privilege to me to… be back to a place that really feels like home and to back to a place that brings back so many fond memories Auburn has a played a key role in my life and continues to mean a lot to me, as anyone who comes in my office at Apple or my home in Palo Alto instantly discovers,” told Auburn’s Class of 2010 last year. “I have so much Auburn memorabilia, you might think it’s the Auburn outpost of J&M and Anders.”
Also: “When I was in high school, some teachers advised me to attend Auburn. Some teachers advised me to attend the University of Alabama,” Cook said in his address. “And, well, like I said, some decision are pretty obvious.”
Related: The Glom photos of Apple CEO Tim Cook
* Krista Klumpp wears an Auburn shirt in Nicaragua
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love?
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Leave a Reply