The Toomer’s oak offspring planted Friday on the southeast lawn of the capitol has already been rolled, or at least as rolled as a three foot sapling can be.
Shortlist of suspects includes former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs (who promised to roll the White House if Auburn won the national championship), Congressman Dennis Ross (who proposed the planting), and Jesus.
UPDATE: The tree was supposedly ‘rolled’ Saturday afternoon, just over 24 hours from when it was planted, by an Auburn fan posting on the AUFamily message board who had rolling Toomer’s Corner on their “bucket list.”
The barely discernible writing on the strand of toilet paper? “Welcome to DC, War Eagle.”
Photos via AUFamily forums, click here for more.
* Auburn alumna tops TheHill.com’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?
Totes had to be Jesus.
I am going with the Auburn team that (we will say beat by a field goal at the last second) played Oregon in front of the White House. I could not find the article that you guys put up but it was good
I’ll bet it was a certain bald-headed AU alumnus… works under Richard Shelby … from Marengo County …
Thanks, Dean — http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2011/01/metro-washington-auburn-club-plays-oregon-to-14-14-tie-in-dcs-flag-football-championship/