Everyone I talked to, or at least a lot of them, would always talk about Nichol’s Alley, and I’d say “what?,” and there’d be this little pause on the phone, and then they’d say “Nichol’s Alley. You don’t know about Nichol’s Alley?” And I’d say no, and I think it always kind of hurt my cred a bit — dude thinks he can write a book about Auburn in the ’70s? And he doesn’t know about Nichol’s Alley?
If only I’d found the March 3, 1977 issue of The Plainsman sooner.
Inflation is inflation. But think about that — alcohol suicide for under $1.
* Toomer’s oak sapling on Capitol Hill already rolled
* Bama fans go thirsty at Auburn baseball game
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* James Garner and the Auburn plaque in ‘Tank’
* Alice Fraasa demonstrates the AU Gang Sign
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Auburn grad tries to get Ryan Secrest to hire her with internet campaign