The Auburn equestrian team may have found the next Toomer’s Corner, metaphorically speaking.
Though the location seems as crucial to the threatened tradition, if not more so, than the actual mode of celebration, the tree outside the Tiger Walk entrance of Jordan-Hare Stadium selected as a Toomer’s oaks surrogate for the team’s national championship celebration in April seems plenty capable of facilitating a Toomer’s style rolling.
And judging by the “officially sanctioned” vibe coming from the video of the event, it at least seems possible the university intended it as more than just a one-time-only consolation.
Todd Van Emst photo via.
* Glenn Tolbert’s squirrel-catchingly fast bluegrass version of the “War Eagle”
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name
* Auburn buses still cruising Phoenix
* Auburn football radio broadcast in punxploitation classic
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all!!!
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened
Much easier to roll after a game. Impossible to get to if you’re not already on campus. Pluses and minuses.
yeah!!! war blogle had said that a few weeks ago i think and i thought it was a great idea!! let’s do it!