According to his local paper, Big Fork, Montana sculptor Ken Bjorge has completed and delivered a bust of legendary coach John Heisman that, along with a statue of Cam Newton, was tacked on to an order for bronze statues of Pat Sullivan and Bo Jackson placed by Auburn’s Athletics Department more than a year ago.
“While the word is now out, Bjorge can’t release photos of any of the works until the dedication of the pieces slated for placement on the east entry plaza of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium,” The Daily Inter Lake wrote Tuesday.
“I’m not going to put a smiley face on on a guy like that (Heisman),” Bjorge told TWER in April. “He was intense and he had a definite purpose in mind and I try to convey that by the demeanor and facial expressions… I try to do what best represents what football fans remember of that individual.”
Heisman coached the Tigers from 1895-1899. Auburn, which is in four-way tie for third in Heismans-per-school, is the only team Heisman coached to have also produced a Heisman Trophy winner.
According to Bjorge, the statues will be dedicated in October.
* Auburn dog might have helped kill bin Laden
* Lenoardo DiCaprio wears (another) Auburn hat
* LSU girls love Auburn Men, says HBOs’ “Treme”
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms