Terry Rodriguez: local artist, aspiring city councilwoman, Auburn’s first nude model… or so we’d heard.
When we ran into Terry at one of the recent Toomer’s cellobrations (hence the background music), we decided it was time to whip out the Flip and sleuth for the truth.
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms
* Yinging and Yanging in the Loveliest Village
* Baby, we were born to War Eagle — Springsteen in Auburn, May 13, 1976
Follow us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy, click here.
Enjoyed the interview. What’s her number!
Asian Brad says
as a nude model from 04-05, I thank Ms Rodriguez for blazing that trail!
Auburn Elvis says
“Did you ever get busted?” Nice question Jerry. It would have been interesting if she had caught the pun.
john massey says
Terry may have been the first nude model in the art department, but shortly thereafter, it was ver difficult to get even clothed models at Auburn. A strict rule was inforced: no student at Auburn could model nude, no spouse of a student could model nude, no faculty or staff member could model nude, no spouse of a faculty of staff member could model nude… Just about slammed the door on that one for art student to draw anyone nude.
In graduate studies at Auburn, I managed on the sly. Even some football players modeled nude for me!