Another (earlier) year, another Woodser… another confirmation that Coach has always been the man.
Apparently (from what we’re told), a lot of shoe boxes are being broken out by University of Florida Chi-O alumni and a lot scanning going down thanks to a recent flurry of Facebook reunion groups hungry for photos from the good old days. With that comes the occasional leaked Zap. Or two. (What happens at the Fall Woodser, stays on The War Eagle Reader.)
And thank goodness… not only because we can now lay the ’83 photo’s biggest mystery to rest — according to Cindy, the Chi-O sister who submitted this photo from the ’82 gathering, but who was also there in ’83, the “mouth item” was not a smudge on the photo nor an exploded cigar, but a leaf inexplicably inserted into his nose — but because the chance to look at Young Chizik 366 days prior to the man we met last week reveals that not much seems to have changed in his life; not his idea of fun, not his sense of fashion, not even the girl, “Kris”, who according to Cindy dated Gene for “a while, but I don’t remember them being engaged or anything.”
We can only hope the consistency he exhibited in college carries over into coaching – yes, we’ll take another year like last year, please (and as many Woodser photos as you’ve got: [email protected]).
* Pulitzer Prize winner Rick Bragg discusses the Bama’s dismay at Auburn’s championship
* Videographer behind AU hype videos wasn’t initially sold on “All I Do is Win”
* The Auburn Eyefuls of 1952
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* Against Me! bassist pulls for the Tigers
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Model Molly Sims spotted at the Iron Bowl in an Auburn jersey