First in an ongoing series of wit and wisdom from Bo Knows Bo.
I used to entertain my teammates by catching flies with my bare hands – not fly balls, flies. If we saw a fly in the cafeteria, I’d reach out and grab it and take it outside and let it go. Once we were having a cookout and I spotted a whole bunch of flies on a wall, eight or ten of them, all of them within a foot of each other. I turned to our left fielder, Trey Gainous, and said, “I bet I could catch six of them at one time.”
“No way,” he said.
I walked up to the wall and went swack! and with my fist clenched, said to Trey, “You think I got’em?”
“Hell no,” he said.
I opend one finger, my little finger, and one fly flew out. I opened the next finger, and two more flies flew out. I opened the middle finger. Two more. That made five. One more finger to open.
I looked at Trey, and he shook his head. I opened the final finger, and the fly just sat there, the sixth fly.
And then Trey said, “You Bo-ginner luck.“
* Dean Foy calls Georgia students “Sons of…”
* Auburn alum reportedly a favorite to win “American Idol”
* Pulitzer Prize winner Rick Bragg discusses the Bama’s dismay at Auburn’s championship
* Videographer behind AU hype videos wasn’t initially sold on “All I Do is Win”
* The Auburn Eyefuls of 1952
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* Against Me! bassist pulls for the Tigers
* The Plainsman reviews The Catcher in The Rye, 1962