From the Sept. 28, 1989 issue of The Auburn Plainsman.
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* Auburn badass John Rochelle
* Former Auburn football player kills elephant with just a bow and arrow
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
Alex P in Smyrna G says
“Days of Our Lives” has been an Auburn obsession for some time. I remember a ton of folks being into that during my late 90s stint.
It was General Hospital back in the early ’80’s. TMac, one of my buddies, would go home to watch it every day, even if he’d scheduled a class.
When Luke and Laura got married (which was a HUGE deal), they set up a TV over at Foy… with (if I remember correctly) a punch fountain, etc… Lots of students showed up for the wedding, dressed in suits/etc. And there was a reception.
I didn’t go… wasn’t into all that… but that’s what I recall happened, second-hand, over 28 years later. Maybe another gray-haired Auburn alum that “attended” Luke and Laura’s wedding can fill in with more facts.