Archive for the Category ‘Community’

Harvey Updyke trial will be held in Wetumpka

Harvey Updyke trial will be held in Wetumpka

The State of Alabama has decided that Elmore County is the county closest to Lee County capable of impaneling a jury “free of prejudice” for the trial of accused Toomer’s Oaks poisoner Harvey Updyke. The decision was issued Wednesday, two days after Lee County district attorney Robbie Treese, fearing a conviction could be overturned on […]

Bo and his biggest fan in Japan

Bo and his biggest fan in Japan

We knew about Bo Jackson’s record breaking, cover making performance in the 1986 Japan Bowl, and we have some great photos from it. Just not as great as this one from SI’s 50th Bo birthday celebrating gallery. No wonder Nissan’s a proud sponsor of the Heisman Trophy. Related: Bo Jackson on “Sesame Street.” … Keep […]

AU JAMZ

AU JAMZ

Spotted this morning at Barbecue House. That’s a War Eagle on the side and an AU JAMZ on the tag Photo: Kenny Smith. Related: This Auburn car is STILL beating Bama. … Keep Reading: * Workshop re-envisions Toomer’s Corner with arches, elevated intersection * She was smokin’ in the classroom… * “Cougar Town” star gets […]

Pat Dye signs neckties sent by angry Syracuse fans

Pat Dye signs neckties sent by angry Syracuse fans

I’d heard about it—Syracuse fans indignant over Pat Dye’s understandable (and unrepentant) decision to go for a tie (OR WAS IT?!) in the 1988 Sugar Bowl mailed him more than 2,000 old ties to shame him or something, many collected from Syracuse stores offering half-off discounts on new ties for folks who brought in an old […]

War Eagle Relics goes Old School

War Eagle Relics goes Old School

You know the drill. Picture of Auburn Football Team (early 1900′s) “My Grandmother (who is 95 and still going strong) found this picture in an old trunk that belonged to her mother about 17 years ago. This is a picture of one of the early 1900′s Auburn football teams. I have no idea which year […]

War Eagle Relics says Dameyune For Hesiman!

War Eagle Relics says Dameyune For Hesiman!

Several weeks (months?) ago I tweeted out a few pictures of old Auburn T-shirts that I’ve been holding onto since my school days during the Terry Bowden era.  A ‘95 Camp War Eagle shirt that is no longer suitable to wear in public.  A ‘97 Dameyune Craig Heisman campaign shirt that, to my knowledge, was […]

Changing of the Guard: Shug’s symbolic toss to Barfield

Changing of the Guard: Shug’s symbolic toss to Barfield

A rare photo from the 1976 A-Day Program, which was mostly a Shug is gone, long stay the Shug type retrospective. Most Auburn fans would rule this an incomplete pass. But we’ve got a losers-are-more-interesting sort 0f  soft spot for ol’ Doug Barfield that we plan to massage even more in the coming months. I’m […]

Bo—and Spud—Jackson on Arsenio Hall

Bo—and Spud—Jackson on <i>Arsenio Hall</i>

The episode of The Arsenio Hall Show (hooo0, hooo, hoooo) with Bo Jackson calling out Deion Sanders was sadly removed from YouTube for some reason (we have the juicy part of the transcript here). But the episode (filmed somewhere in that wonderful 80′s-meets-90′s hinterland) where Bo calls out his son Spud (to come sit in […]

Beak of Toomer’s Corner Eagle Statue Damaged Over the Weekend

Beak of Toomer’s Corner Eagle Statue Damaged Over the Weekend

The eagle’s concrete beak was found on the ground near the bird’s pillar and given to the university’s Facilities Division.

Auburn’s NCAA Compliance Director speaks to Mobile Auburn Club

Auburn’s NCAA Compliance Director speaks to Mobile Auburn Club

You know it’s been a big year when even your team’s NCAA compliance directors become alumni club circuit rock stars.

Subscribe via RSS

Archives

ADVERTISEMENT

Sevenpixels Web Design