The afternoon word on the tweet on the opening day of Avengers: Age of Ultron was that there was subtle homage to the greatest super hero ever:
An extra was wearing a Bo Jackson jersey…
… or at least an Auburn jersey with what looked to be a 34 on the back. Or least a jersey that looked like an Auburn jersey with what looked to be a 34 on the back. Or least a jersey that looked like an Auburn jersey but could have been a Cleveland Browns jersey but that, no, almost certainly is an Auburn jersey with what looked to be a 34 on the back.
The jury is still out on whether the jury is still out. Go see it. Help us figure it out (hint: salvage yard, bottom of screen). In the meantime, we’re claiming it.
It may mark Leonardo DiCaprio’s first time as an uncredited producer.
Keep track of Auburn-ess in pop culture here.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn vet saves ‘Lady Hoggers’
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s Hey Day tradition
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson