According to the latest redevelopment update, Toomer’s Corner is one step closer to becoming a veritable Auburn theme park.
According to City of Auburn Public Works Director Jeff Ramsey, the new traffic poles will feature LED lights system” that can change color for special events.”
Guess which colors?
Some of the new seating to installed at the intersection will also likely double as Auburn-themed luminaries.
“They (the lights) can actually change colors, so during the football game we may have them orange and blue,” Ramsey told the Auburn Villager. “We’re even looking when we put the traffic signals up at having some LED lights there that can shine down and change the color of light in the intersection.”
You can read more about the redevelopment here.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Praise and worship standard ‘More Precious Than Silver’ inspired by 1978 french fry theft at Auburn McDonald’s
* Remembering the McLean Deluxe, ‘the burger that made Auburn famous’
* Playboy’s Jaime Edmondson on Auburn Pikes: ‘Those Boys Sure Can Dance”
* Auburn Fan Gets Kids in Kosovo to Say War Eagle— ‘For America’
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Auburn’s first amazing new scoreboard