Brian Kemp, Georgia’s Secretary of State, thinks “it’s time the South gets off the sideline when it comes to Presidential primary campaigns.” Why? Because southerners are a passionate people. I mean, just listen to this:
(Can’t see the player? Try here.)
It isn’t the first time the Kick Six has been politicized, but NPR’s Morning Edition using Rod Brambettl’s epic Kick Six call to illustrate the passion SEC country could bring to Presidential politics is far more tolerable than MSNBC’s awkward Chris Davis = Obamacare analogy.
h/t Scott Walker.
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* Keith Olbermann includes Nick Saban, person who dumped cremated remains in Jordan-Hare Stadium in ‘Worst Person In The Sports World’ list
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News