The Greenbay Gazette was going for some nice detail to really put you there when, Karl Jonsson, an out-of-work electrician from Gresham, Wisconsin, opened the door to a million-dollar check from Publisher’s Clearing House:
With his teenage daughter watching though a window, Jonsson stood in bare feet on the front sidewalk surrounded by news cameras and the Prize Patrol staff.
… but they left out the most important part. Above those bare feet, and below the hands clasped to his face in disbelief: A pair of Auburn sweatpants.
“I’m going to Tampa!” he (should have) shouted.
You can read more here.
* Remembering Spurrier to Beasley
* The original capacity of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium was twice as much as everyone says
* Cast member not allowed to wear Auburn shirt on History Channel’s ‘Bamazon’
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners