If they have a print of this–and how in the world could they not?–it has to be at the top of the Grab In Case of Fire list in the Housel household. Imagine being an Auburn fan, being someone who has devoted your entire young life to Auburn, and being able to dress as Santa Claus in the early 70s (probably ’72 or ’73 — I know these things) and pose with Shug. Being able to tell Shug Jordan not just “War Eagle” but “Ho, ho, ho.” And flash peace. Or deuces. Or victory or whatever.
I don’t know, I smiled pretty big when I saw it.
Photo: AU Archives.
Do you want TWER to keep on keepin’ on? Can you spare a couple bucks?
* 1892 Auburn team had to overcome Georgia cowbells in very first football game
* The original capacity of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium was twice as much as everyone says
* More evidence Zelda Fitzgerald was a hardcore Auburn fan
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* SNL alumn Victoria Jackson’s year at Auburn