The amazing new Wellness Kitchen — that’s where you eat in Auburn if you’re a student-athlete and want to maintain the body of a student-athlete. (And if you want good food — because trust me, it’s good. Good health + good taste: with $6.6 million, apparently anything is possible.)
But what about in College Station? Or Athens? Or Tuscaloosa? The conference schedule road map is littered with lard. So how does one navigate the unhealthy rival temptations that can literally weigh an Auburn Tiger down? Well, there’s an app for that. And hey, as Tom Haverford would say, maybe even a zert for that. And the Tiger Nutrition mobile app will show a player exactly where it is.
Created by Auburn Athletics Sports Dietitian Scott Sehnert and staff and built by the Auburn University Office of Information Technology, the Tiger Nutrition mobile app can GPS student-athletes to the best “performance-focused” meals at restaurants in all 13 SEC towns (not to mention the Atlanta airport and, sure, in Auburn, too). Users can choose specific road trip restaurants and see what’s good (for them), or search a list of good-for-you grub–we’re talking specific menu options–in their immediate vicinity curated by Senhert and Co.
“We wanted to arm our student-athletes with high-performance choices while on the go, with a mobile app that encompasses our food philosophy,” Sehnert said. “With smartphones being a critical part of this generation’s learning processes, this app makes choosing appropriate foods easy.”
And it’s not just student-athletes. Even you can download the app here.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Meet the sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Cast member not allowed to wear Auburn shirt on History Channel’s ‘Bamazon’
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990