I mean, everyone had a “tell my kids about this” line in them back during the smoky Auburn locker rooms of yesteryear. But listen to that description. The Auburn Assassin was already writing in the locker room!
“When my grandchildren are on my knee and I’m sitting there sucking on Werther’s Originals, I can sit there and tell them about the great day we beat Alabama and went 11-0.”
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
More Iron Bowl:
* Five Auburn fans named Chris Davis tell what it’s like sharing the most famous name in Iron Bowl history
* Were Auburn fans really pulling for the Russians over Alabama in 1977?
* Bama students did this to their own campus before the 1953 Iron Bowl
* Congrats, Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl