“I had to stop and zoom and check and look at his face,” the SEC’s leading rusher told reporters Tuesday. “But it was him, it was him.”
The New Ball Coach breakdancing to U Can’t Touch This… Artis-Payne said it made his Monday.
“Everybody on the team got a kick out of it. We had a group message. It was funny.”
When asked if he felt it was something Auburn players give Malzahn “a hard time about”, Artis-Payne replied “Yeah, if you play defense.” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
You can watch Artis-Payne’s full interview at OANow.com.
Malzahn was also (once again) asked about the video, saying pretty much everything we first reported Monday. But would Modern Malzahn ever let “the real person” inside of him break it down like that as a way to bond with his team?
“I was a little more limber back then,” Malzahn replied, smiling. “I’d probably hurt myself if I did something like that now.” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
* Gus Malzahn in college
* 1892 Auburn team had to overcome Georgia cowbells in very first football game
* The original capacity of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium was twice as much as everyone says
* More evidence Zelda Fitzgerald was a hardcore Auburn fan
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* SNL alumn Victoria Jackson’s year at Auburn