Mattie Griffith’s 15 minutes of fame are still paying dividends nearly six weeks after the video of her baring her Auburn soul in a post-wisdom tooth extraction haze of anesthesia went viral. At least they are for us. Griffith was crowned Hillgrove High School’s homecoming queen Friday night, and her new-found celebrity was front and center in her introduction during the homecoming court presentation.
“She’s been featured recently on numerous news and entertainment shows for her wisdom tooth-pulling video,” the stadium announcer read. “Mattie would like to remind her classmates that Aubie is not like those other tigers. He would never attack anybody.” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Griffith, a cheerleader at the Powder Springs, Ga. high school for three years, as well as a trainer for Hillgrove’s football team, was also voted Class Favorite. Homecoming Queen and Class Favorite? That’s pretty impressive (at least I think it’s impressive, I think it’s so impressive), and according to Amy Griffith, Mattie’s mom, a Hillgrove first.
Dayton, Royce… eat your hearts out.
Here’s Griffith’s Oct. 4th appearance on Fox 6’s Tide and Tigers Today.
Related: Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton / ‘Lion that was hugging that man’ revealed!
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* SNL alum Victoria Jackson’s year at Auburn
* Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up, no-huddle offense has turned Auburn into Ball Boy U.
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply