“‘Patience’ and ‘Spurrier’—those words don’t usually go together,” Chris Fowler told Kirk Herbstreit at the start of the third quarter of the 2006 Auburn-South Carolina game in Columbia, which the Gamecocks were going into with all the momentum in the world.
Fifteen football minutes later…
Fowler: “When’s the last quarter when one team had the ball the entire time?”
Herbstreit: “I don’t think I’ve ever ever seen that. Can you name an offensive coach that is more irritated by that than Steve Spurrier in the history of the sport?”
The onside kick is around the 18-minute mark.
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
Related: Here’s the College Football Final coverage of Cam Newton’s coming out party vs. South Carolina in 2010.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Watch the 1993 and 1994 Auburn episodes of Florida Football Highlights with Coach Steve Spurrier
* Remembering Spurrier to Beasley
* The original capacity of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium was twice as much as everyone says
* Cast member not allowed to wear Auburn shirt on History Channel’s ‘Bamazon’
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply